Case MOD Competition

Bubblegum Bandit

So who's doing the judging? And I'll put in my two cents for catagores.

Cat one. Uniqueness ( is it just a buch of led fans and a window, or something new and differnt)

Cat two. Cleanleness (the ever popular wiremangement would fall here as well as how good a job was done...ie. the whole window falling out or powersupply is held in with duck tape etc.)

Cat three. Overall appearance. (is there a theme, do colors match, does it just loook spiffy?)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll create a simple form and select judges while we're there. Basically, in each catagory (whatever they end up being), the judge will circle a 1 through 5, etc. Probably 5 judges or something. Each judge will judge each case.

Also, I think you guys should bring all of your equipment so you can perhaps give some people some help inside their boxes (help them tie up their wires, etc) and, as a modding group, perform some sort of service to share some of your skill.

I need a blowhole in my pc...

I'm sure someone coudl just bring a 12 gauge over and put a few holes in the case for you.... or we could use a pick axe, heck that might be pretty fun :)

I believe Homer refered to them as "Speed Holes" ^_^

if we're gonna be cutting blow holes and so forth, people who have collected abundant amounts of 80mm fans might wanna bring there extra for the poor people who have one exhaust fan and nothing else (and lord knows even after giving my fans away at every turn I still have a good handful)

Edited by Slaphappy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure someone coudl just bring a 12 gauge over and put a few holes in the case for you.... or we could use a pick axe, heck that might be pretty fun :)

Or instead of sacrificing Longhair to the fire again this year, we can throw the PC in for a few minutes.. I bet that would produce a pretty cool effect..

Or instead of sacrificing Longhair to the fire again this year, we can throw the PC in for a few minutes.. I bet that would produce a pretty cool effect..

ah heck... everyone knows that a fire just ain't a fire until I get burned. 2800-3299.gif

FaCeHoLe .gc,May 10 2004, 01:21 AM] i could help judge since i have a bit of  modding background and i build cars and do fabrication for a living :0

^fine display of fabrication

• 2 weeks later...

my first attempt to mod a case is going pretty good so far...though never haveing used a dremel before it proved to be a long and painfull process. That and I nearly craped my pants when I broke one of the bits.

all this talk of fire and blowing holes in computer and lies has made me hungry

:unsure:

Edited by Slaphappy

what are you doing exactly Slaphappy ? yea dremeling a case is a long and painful process but if you take your time it looks so good when its done. Ive had a few sit downs now with mine and need to do a few more before the lan :D