What happens after 65 spots are taken?

Fatty

Informally, here's what it means when the 65th spot is reserved (I'd expect that to happen today at the rate the last ones have been eaten up):

-Spots will continue to be sold at no guarantee that there will be space for their computer. I'll sell 20 spots, but at this point, your computer may not even be hooked up.

-Consider it like a wedding, maybe someone won't show up, in which case if we have 1 no-show......person 66 has a spot for their PC.

-We may be able to be creative and create more deskspace somewhere for more than 65 anyways, but this is obviously NOT GUARANTEED.

-While there are no refunds, a person who eventually finds out that they CAN'T attend can do with their spot as they wish (sell it to someone low on the list, sponsor someone not on any list at all, whatever). It's their spot, they bought it. It may NOT be reserved as some sort of memorial, however. The space will be used somehow.

Let me know if I've missed a point or scenario.

-

I'm working on that and seeking some advice from the coalition members.

I don't see any reason for an INCREASED fee for those coming that can't even game for sure, so it'll never be more than 40. Obviously there will be some sort of charge, and it may just remain at the base 40. Dunno quite yet, but I'll have that worked out in a day or so.

More to come.

well i want my fiance to go and im gonna pay another 40 dollars...if someone doesnt show up because of some reason, will the people who have paid but are not on the top 65, get the spots that open up?, because if i pay another 40 right now, shell be like 67 or something, will she get the next open spot if one opens up?

Here's how it works:

-There are NO MORE guaranteed spots.

-Pre-registering lines you up to fill in gaps created by no-shows. These spots are still $40.

-Showing up and paying at the door is $40.

-Coming to party even without a computer is $40.

-There are NO REFUNDS.

The only benefit you have by signing up now is that your chances are better that you get to play on your OWN PC and have your own designated area for gaming. That is to say, it would seem likely that at least a handful of the 65 that signed up may not show. However, if each and every 65 show, those are the PCs that are set up.

For example, Windex has taken spot #66. Any cancellation of the first 65 (or a no-show) becomes his spot and he sets up.

I hope this is clear enough, but please ask if you have questions.

I must also add: The spots that are paid for are the property of the buyers. They can do with those as they please (sell them to someone else, auction them off on ebay, gift wrap them, etc).

• 2 weeks later...
Just so no one takes me seriuosly I was kidding.  I already took the days off of work and as long as my car doesnt blow up the night before I will be there.

That could be arranged if someone needs a spot just let me know. The cost is 5bucks...2.50 now and 2.50 after the job. Sry chuck...nothing personal. :lol:

Just so no one takes me seriuosly I was kidding.  I already took the days off of work and as long as my car doesnt blow up the night before I will be there.

That could be arranged if someone needs a spot just let me know. The cost is 5bucks...2.50 now and 2.50 after the job. Sry chuck...nothing personal. :lol:

lol I wouldnt ever take a comment like that personal :peace:

nothing says you still can't go goot...I garauntee that there will be open pc's at alot of times to play on.......heck if you show you can have my pc spot and I'll just hang around...whattya say?

haha...Playaa. thats really nice mang. Actually if I decide to go, it would be mostly just to hang around and eat bbq andd whatnot. I would be happy to steal your comp for little bits at a time...but really the cost for me to do it will likely be around $450 or $500 so I am doubting I will make this one.

Thanks for thinknig of me :)

Goot, I will have my laptop with me too (1.6GHz, 768MB ram) as well as possibly another system and you are more than welcome to boot me off mine for a time as well. I have a feeling there won't be a lack of available comps for you to get your gaming on.

i guess im lucky, only prob with the spares is they only have 256 PC3200 DDR400. you can use one if ya want. im currently looking for more RAM but the funds are tight. After Fraggfest I'll prolly be sellin 2 of the lower end ones. then ill get an AMD 64 LOL eerrrrrr maybe im too crazy. :unsure::disgust::blink::wub:

hehe, no the only thing you have better really is the processors...my pc has 512mb ram and an Radeo 9700 Pro All-In-Wonder...I just happen to have an Athlon XP 1600+ processor...but my pc runs games fine

thanks though