Desktop Crash - Fix

Guest PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

From steampowered.com

SOLUTION: DELETE YOUR SOURCE FOLDER AND RUN THE GAME TO REBUILD IT. WORKED FOR ME. You do not uninstall steam or delete the gcf. Delete the "counter-strike source beta" folder and everything in it under your SteamApps only and run the game again. This has fixed CTD with no error, invalid property. The memory reference seems to be a server side problem because I got it, ran the game again and got into a game fine.

It's stickied, so I'd assume it works.

Direct link to topic:

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthr...threadid=123865

It's stickied, so I'd assume it works.

I wish. :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed in the steam forums and none of them help.

Kinda sux.

It was working great on one of my computers, and now it doesnt work at all on either one.

did u try this one?

1. Exit Steam

2. Delete c:\steam\steamapps\your@email.com\counter-strike source beta

3. Start Steam

4. Run CSS => memory error. OK, so far, so fine.

5. Exit Steam and wait until its fully unloaded. (give them some seconds and make sure steam.exe ist not running (verify with taskmgr))

6. COPY (not rename!) c:\steam\servers\serverbrowser.dll to c:\steam\servers\serverbrowser.org (for backup purposes)

7. COPY c:\steam\steamapps\your@email.com\counter-strike source beta\bin\ServerBrowser.dll to c:\steam\servers\serverbrowser.dll and OVERWRITE it

8. Make a new Directory(Folder) called "Servers" in c:\steam\steamapps\your@email.com\counter-strike source beta\

9. COPY c:\steam\steamapps\your@email.com\counter-strike source beta\bin\ServerBrowser.dll to c:\steam\steamapps\your@email.com\counter-strike source beta\Servers\ServerBrowser.dll

10. Start Steam

11. Start CSS hopefully without memory error.