Major lag on server

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Checked netgraph, no loss or choke. everyone was getting this. Cleared out server pretty fast. ping was normal. Just major skipping around, would not change weapons. Looked like server load to me. Just a heads up.

Who is logged into with HLSW?

Who is on ftp?

Who in kronos?

The name of Master just changed as this happened. I was watching it do it. Wonder if it has to do with any of these?

Funny, Mobocracy II acted up at exactly the same time. Everyone on the server was experiencing heavy packet loss, but the pings were just fine. I thought it was just lag at first, but it was a little more severe than that. :(

Perhaps XGaming was having some problems, eh?

-Kor

Edited by Korodas

The name of master changed early in the evening, not just at this time of this post. ZD was one that jumped over to Master when I was changing it. I'd guess that was around 9 or something?

If two servers were affected at the same time, and these two servers are on two different boxes, I'd say it was a larger network issue that we have no control over.

dude, no kidding, what's your point? 23:34 and then on minute 36 you posted, i can tell time. I think you're misreading.

My comment was clearing the air for mrX about the changes that were made to master around 9...which you popped over for.

I think mrX thought the name changed during that time, but I think that's just the first time he noticed it. I changed it, like I said, back around 9.

Nothing we did or logged into was causing any problems on our servers.

Again, thanks for the lesson in military time translation, but please read it over again. :nono:

It stayed with the name Masterdom in my HLSW list for quite a bit. I switched to recrud and then back, and that's when the name was different for me. Thus I thought someone was setting up master for the night. Thus, maybe it was affecting the servers. But prolly not, given the ut2k4 issue.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what time I meant. No offense intended.