Heval Metal massacre

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
COLUMBUS, Ohio  A gunman charged onstage at a packed nightclub and opened fire on the band and crowd, killing top heavy metal guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott (search) and three other people before a police officer shot him to death, authorities and witnesses said.

Police spokeswoman Sherry Mercurio identified three of the victims of Wednesday's shooting as Abbott, who played for the Texas-based band Damageplan (search), and two other men, Nathan Bray, 23; and Erin Halk, 29.

She identified the gunman as Nathan Gale, 25, of Marysville, 25 miles northwest of Columbus. Police said they had no information on a motive or any connection to the band.

The gunman had a hostage in a headlock and seemed to be preparing to kill him when the officer, James D. Niggemeyer, managed to shoot without injuring the hostage, police said.

Damageplan had just begun its first song at the Alrosa Villa (search) club when the man shot Abbott five or six times at point-blank range, a witness said.

Abbott, 38, one of metal's top guitarists, and his brother, Damageplan drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, were members of Pantera (search), the Grammy-nominated thrash-rock pioneer that enjoyed wide popularity in the 1990s.

More via the link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140955,00.html

I never liked Pentara so this means nothing to me. I however can not dismiss the talent they had musically even if I did not like it.