So I finished computer

Sir Shertown Pimp

And i bought/downloaded cs silver tonight, I finally get it ready to play, load it up, see the valve guy, and it goes to loading and just sits there indefinitely!

I know my system is powerful enough to run it and I dled the newest nvidia drivers for my geforced 6660 gt earlier in the day, but still no dice.

I have been working with hardware/software to get this computer running for the last several days and my usual great patience is wearing thin. I may be over stressing but I really really want this to work. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Specs are as Follows:

Amd 64 3000 939 Socket

6600 gt pci-e

1 gig corsair 3200

WD 80 gig 7200

dfi nforce 4 lan party 939 socket

dvd rw AOpen combo drive

How long did you leave it, and where did it hang?

I will say that the first time you run the game (when it's calibrating all of your hardware) it takes quite a while, and will sit with a fuzzy "downtown, eastern Europe" backdrop for what seems like an eternity.

If it did hang for more than 10 or 20 minutes, then all I can recommend is that you make sure all of your drivers and Windows updates are... ...well, up to date... ...that your soundcard drivers are properly installed, and that you don't have any background tasks running that shouldn't be running.

Heheh. Brilliant.

A lot of Steam games, or at least in theory, allowed you to play while downloading content which isn't yet needed. Oddly enough, it's being disabled more and more, instead of enhanced, because there isn't a lot of content that you can get away with not using.

So yeah, that definitely explains your lockup. If you want to check the actual progress, right click the Steam icon in the task bar and open up your Monitor panel. Unless it isn't listed there, either.

You've got another gig to go, so happy waiting.