GC and UTV

Guest adam_smith

Guest adam_smith
Guest adam_smith
Guest adam_smith
Guests

As has been shown, watching ONS matches via UTV is becoming somewhat popular. However, only LCD has access to a UTV server at this moment.

However, GC sounds like it's in the unique position to be in control of its own server, meaning that GC could host a UTV server as well.

The way to configure a UTV server seems pretty simple, I did a quick test with my local machine - the directions I came up with are posted in the uMA forums (at unreal.mental-atrophy.com), you can check them out there.

The way it basically works is like this:

Game server

|

|

UTV server (connects to game server as a spec)

| \

| \

| \

cameraman \

|

All the other spectators

We have a good game server, but it's a shared server, so we can't run the UTV server on it.

The cameraman just flies around as he sees fit, and the rest of the spectators see what he sees.

So, I was wondering if you guys would be interested in trying this out. Even if you only acted as a server for 2 or 3 matches a month, I'm sure the ONS community would greatly appreciate it.

Once we get Mobocracy III (new 20/2 server that we own) locked down I am more than willing to give that a whirl on there.

I'm a regular at ONShaven, but with all "teh drama" I tend to just read and laugh (which is to say I haven't posted there yet - prob won't either - lol) - but yeah, I'm aware of the doings of UTV and such - SofaKing hinted at this to us about three weeks ago.

Thx for asking - will keep in touch

-Fk