Update for Friday, Nov. 18th

Flitterkill

Server running fine as usual - Opteron's generally make that the norm rather than the exception.

1) Tweaks to the server auto-text messages. You'll know'em when ya see'em

2) Please guys - give rides - it is not that hard and your team will do so much better - just because you don't get a vehicle at start doesn't mean you won't get vehicle later on.

3) Lag whining. Too much! Seriously - on the server side it ain't there - check your ping to our server and packet loss. If you are playing with a ping of 120+ we won't auto-kick ya off (that's for folks with pings over 190) - but think about this for a second - if there is any slight server spike or hitch - who do you think is actually gonna feel it? Yeah - that'd be you and you alone.

Same deal with packet loss. If the game feels a bit "off" to you - shots seem to not fire off on occasion - it ain't us - check that packet loss - myself, I've had awful packet loss about 1/3 or the time I connect - no clue where in my routing to our server I'm having the problem at - but I don't whine about a "laggy server" - I take a look at the score board - see everyone else doing fine with no packet loss and then me with 20+ and that is that.

For those that are curious:

netspeed=10000

tickrate=25

Note that if people continue to whine about lag and there continues to be the trend of that whining coming from the folks who are connecting with a high-ping to our server, we may just dial the automatic ping-kicker down from 190+ to 160+. Just FYI

4) The language filter has been tightened just a bit - if you trigger the filter enough times the game will warn you to dial it back - if you continue to trip the filter you will be automatically muted (text and voice) for the remainder of the map. You will be un-muted for the next map (again, automatically) but if you trip the filter again, you will be muted again, etc....

For those that start to purposely evade the language filter, well, if there is an admin on the server, enjoy the ride :)

Otherwise - everything seems cool - good numbers in the evenings and esp. on weekends. We run pretty standard map-wise (as when ever we put a new non-std. map up numbers tend to drop off) but if you have a suggestion - feel free to throw it up.

-Fk