Q & A 1: Resting/Waiting

Brillow_Head

I'll be posting questions as they come up...get enough of them and I'll organize a nice FAQ.

1) Out in the wilderness can one sleep if they dont have a bedroll or can you only wait when not in a camp or an Inn?

I leveled while in Oblivion...and they dont exactly have beds. Had to finish the mission and go back to Tamriel to rest and lvl.

** Knowledge tidbit: type "~" followed by "tdt" without quotes to bring up your fps in upper right corner of screen.

(edited)

You can only rest when you're out in the boonies, unless you find a camp with a bedroll.

Thanks for the tidbit, I'll try it out tonight.

BTW, where did you end up purchasing the game?

Edited by ScubaDan

"You can only rest when you're out in the boonies, unless you find a camp with a bedroll."

Was this a typo? Did you mean 'wait' ?

Yep, I finally had a chance to drive to a bigger town with a Gamestop and a BestBuy and I picked up z collector's adition. (Wanted to get the 102 page book for historical background).

Running at 1024x768

HDR on

V Sync off

Draw distance full

Distant lands on

grass off (could care less till they patch it)

Textures High

Tree draw full

I get 30-34 fps outdoors

24-28 fps when caching a new cell (tdt will tell list object number when you enter a new area and count down to zero when done...whereas morrowind had a slidder bar when 'Loading Environment')

Indoor 40-44 fps

Oblivion gate with multiple characters 24-28 fps.

I'm happy at the moment.

Not bad for a rig thats got an AGP 8 pipe GF6800 GT Overclock and a AMD 64 3000+.

I did have a problem when running the opening cinematics...found out I needed to have Fast Write -> Enabled in the Bios. That fixed it.

I've got a 5.1 USB Headset and the spell sounds get a big funky if I strafe sideways while casting...probably some kind of a sound projection problem with the drivers of the headset.