i have been having horrible choke issues and lag issues recently and

i havent changed anything in my cfg. besides a few weapon binds.

before this was happening everything was perfect, no lag

no choke good fps, all the great stuff......

i have messed around to get my choke quite decent (0-5)

then it was before...

but i still lag quite alot..mainly before i die...

say i was camping in a corner with shottie, a guy runs by me and i hit his leg and

he doesnt die, he turns around scopes in with awp, i press to jump and strafte to the side

while firing and then a guy shoot me in my back and i stop in mid air while firing and it just freezes for a

second then i die... it doesnt register any of my shottie blasts, which at least ONE pellet had to hit...

sigh...any ideas...

Guest SuShi
Guest SuShi
Guest SuShi
Guests
i have been having horrible choke issues and lag issues recently and

i havent changed anything in my cfg. besides a few weapon binds.

before this was happening everything was perfect, no lag

no choke good fps, all the great stuff......

i have messed around to get my choke quite decent (0-5)

then it was before...

but i still lag quite alot..mainly before i die...

say i was camping in a corner with shottie, a guy runs by me and i hit his leg and

he doesnt die, he turns around scopes in with awp, i press to jump and strafte to the side

while firing and then a guy shoot me in my back and i stop in mid air while firing and it just freezes for a

second then i die... it doesnt register any of my shottie blasts, which at least ONE pellet had to hit...

sigh...any ideas...

time to get a new comp my friend~

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests

I would clean your computer, first and foremost. Open it up, grab a canned of compressed air, and go wild. I remove my fan and clean my heatsink every few weeks and also remove my video card and get the sink clean. It usually is good for a solid 10fps for me.

After that, I would make sure your rates are what you like them at, specifically cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate, and rate. I run 100, 100, 30000 which seems to work well at night but I lag a little bit in the daytime. My awp is far better with 100/100, but my other guns suffer a little bit. I periodically find my rates reset very low to like 40 or 50 or 66. Some servers reset your values.

Finally, no hurt in resetting your modem.

thanks for the tips and i hope u meant 100fps dude, instead of 10..=X

any yeah im in prosses of gettinga new computer

im paying for waht goes into it buy my cousin is making

it, if you have any recomendations on what to get that would help to

SUSHI!?!?!?

I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN!!!

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests
(edited)

I meant that my FPS increases by atleast 10fps when I clean my computer. So from 60fps to 70fps solid or something.

As for the computer system, I have 2 recommendations. First and foremost, AMD. They run games faster, they are cheaper, they aren't Intel, and best of all, they are ice cold. A comparable Intel chip will run atleast 20 degrees celcius hotter then an AMD. Heat = fatigue and powerloss. Also, AMD chips come with awesome stock fan/heatsinks. My second recommendation is the Abit KN8 motherboard with SLi. It uses Passive cooling so there is no fan, stays very very cool (there is a liquid filled tube connecting the heatsinks), and it has a ton of Bios options and support for the best 939 FX2 chips (940 is overrated for the next year or 2).

My Athlon 64 2ghz never gets past 35 degrees C. during the most intense situations on a hot day. It also helps keep the overall system cooler, which in turn helps your RAM and Video RAM. I built my system for about $700 and I am extremely happy. I had an Intel 3.2ghz beforehand (same case and everything) and even after replacing the motherboard one and the chip twice, I still had overheating problems. With the AMD, my case temp never exceeds 30 degrees C (5 fans). I also get a minimum of 50FPS in Source, on maps such as Militia that very graphically intense. All the doodads are turned on, Im just not running the absolute highest 16X AA or A/F.

Athlon 64 3200+, RAIDMAXX 5 fan steel/plastic case, Antec 550watt SLi server powersupply, XFX Geforce 7800GT (lifetime replacement warranty) with PCI-Express 16x, Abit KN8-SLi mothboard with passive cooling and socket 939, and 1 gig PC3200 Kingston namebrand dual channel RAM. I also run SATA 1.

I am however getting a second 7800GT for the SLi, an extra gig of RAM, and a dual SATA2 RAID setup. Even though CS runs great, there are situations where it still slows down.

All of that cost little less then $700, but of course I had to build it up myself.

Edited by Dude-