Could an admin get in touch with me??

Sandbox

I guess everyone's noticed the trouble with steam today regarding connection issues and "not owning" the game under that steam account. Funny thing is the GC servers seem to be letting me in just fine rather than any other servers. If an admin could get in touch with me at #teamhf on gamesurge irc that would be great. I'd like to pick your brains as to what might be different. Being that we have a match tonight it'd be nice to get our private running smoothly or we'll have to reschedule.

correction, only 1 out of 4 of our servers is not having a problem. i'm monitoring the srcds mailing list pretty close. no one @ steam/valve has even acknowledged the problem yet, much less given hope for a fix.

in other words, some servers are lucky, some aren't. most i can make of that is to keep rebooting the servers until they find a "good" steam auth server, and hope that it hangs on. that's what i'm guessing is happening with recrud, anyways.

I always knew this would happen with the steam "It's not really your game, even though you paid for it", "we control the horizontal. we control the vertical" protection scheme. I wonder if it's a server problem or a client problem?

The steam forums are getting hammered too, so I guess this is a really widespread problem.

Oh well, it's back to youtubing episodes of "Ouran High School Host Club" for me. I wonder when they'll get episode 19 of "The Third" subtitled? "Ah My Goddess" subtitling is two episodes behind as well... Naruto is all caught up though, even though episode 202 isn't worth clicking the mouse for...

Edited by Goofus Maximus