Rebooting the server to alleviate the crashes

direkt

Sky alluded to this in a previous topic, but can we get manual reboots of the server please? At this point we're unable to complete one campaign and despite people asking to reboot the server, one hasn't come yet as far as I know.

From a professional standpoint - of both a software developer and a networking expert, I'd gamble it is the following 3 issues, and

adding them together doesn't help the situation.

1.) We know the game is unstable after 8 players, but...

...since I've ran a server for 10vs10 with 2 reserve slots pushing to 22 players, and allowing spectators to increase the limit

(to always allow 10 on both sides, plus the 2 reserves, regardless of spectator count...) and managed uptimes over ten

days with full activity.

It did crash shortly after that time period, but it repeatedly maintained long uptimes.

However, the fact that it did eventually crash shows that the underlying stability issue still exists. Either way, it's

recommended to reboot the server often. A lot of communities reboot their servers daily at the lowest population hours.

I don't know how often the server gets reset, if reset at all. But the last restart I was present for, we had at least a 3 day uptime before the crashes began again. A daily reboot wouldn't hurt, especially if there's almost an admin on 24/7.

Thanks!