Barashin

Had an odd problem after doing an assortment of upgrades & wire management. After doing some wire cleanup (my previous wire-work was atrocious) and adding some fans and cpu cooler, I booted up my computer. Odd thing happened. The LEDs on my mouse and keyboard lit up then before getting to bios, they went dead. Keyboard and mouse did not boot. After restarting, the mouse and keyboard lit up and stayed on. I've been able to get to windows and use the computer normally now for about a week, but I noticed last time I powered off the computer that the keyboard and mouse did a little light up and shutoff dance before ultimately staying on during the windows log in screen. Could this be a PSU or mobo issue? I have a P8p67 LE mobo and a NZXT 600W PSU. The PSU is pretty old but hasn't given me any problems before.

Sometimes I've had issues booting with wireless keyboards/mice if the drivers are not installed, and some mobos have issues with keyboards/mice plugged in at specific ports on the mobo back panel. I've had problems with other USB devices screwing up booting as well. But, it's probably something entirely different... I'm no expert.

What kind of upgrades did you make, specifically? Which components are new?

I 1) added a antec kuhler 620 aftermarket cooler to the CPU; 2) changed all of chassis fans, adding 1 more; 3) replaced my gtx 470sc with a gtx 670 ftw; and 4) unplugged my front panel audio. When I did this, I had to unplug all my usb devices many times. I didn't replug them into the same ports, and I noticed when rebooting that the devices would reinstall and the computer would reboot after getting into windows. The drivers are all up to date now but there's still that screwy problem where the devices lose power.

I guess I don't have to worry about it too much at the moment since the computer is booting. I've just never encountered anything like this.