Mapdesign anyone?

Guacamole

So, I'm starting to really get into the fun of designing new maps for L4D2, but I'm coming searching for help. I'm using the following guide to create a map with Hammer using models from Google Sketchup.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/howto_make_left_4_dead_map_google_sketchup

But here's my problem you see. This guide is made for L4D1, which is no different in any way except one, and that is the commands of triggering panic events and survival finales. I'm currently testing a survival map to go onto a larger project later, but i cant get the map to:

A: Recognize the game mode as survival.

B: Actually start the survival.

The logic_auto and the info_director entities have some different command and i cannot for my life find it on the valve developer forums.

If any of you know anything about this, I'd love you if you respond!

I used to do map design i did a wicked 300 map looks great but never got around to finishing it so cant help you with your questions except there are 1 or 2 left4dead2 hammer tuts around

question..do ya know how to take a screenshot of the map while running it as every time i try it takes a picture of the hammer engine in the desktop backround, i remember i got it working before but now its a mystery

I used to do map design i did a wicked 300 map looks great but never got around to finishing it so cant help you with your questions except there are 1 or 2 left4dead2 hammer tuts around

question..do ya know how to take a screenshot of the map while running it as every time i try it takes a picture of the hammer engine in the desktop backround, i remember i got it working before but now its a mystery

Can't say I've had that problem. The one time I took a screenshot I did it to pick up a good fog color, and that worked just fine. Maybe I should search out of development to find hammer tutorials then :/