Would like to know the reason I was banned.

freezeburn

Was playing in L4D2 tonight and I got banned, The only reason I can think of is that while on a map I did rushed ahead but there were only 3 of us left alive and we were spread out so I ran ahead to get some points. I wasn't the only one that did this at this time and my team had no problem with what I had done and in fact some said they would have done the same thing.  My steam ID is  STEAM_1:0:31662946> , I know I didn't use any foul language because I sometimes play with my 12 year old daughter so I know how to behave as an adult so if someone could please tell me the reason why I got banned I would appreciate it. 

This is a short part of when someone called my out as a rusher and as seen my team mate Charlie agreed with my rushing, Ragdoll  who called me a rusher was on the opposite team.

|NK| Ragdoll :  freezehurn... rusher
Pande :  whats the hotkey to buy so i dont have to type !buy ech time?
sabrina sanderson :  yea what pande said
DammitCarlos :  There was 2 tanks and 3 of us left
freezeburn :  i was one of 3 left alive, you dam right I rushed to get as far as possible
Charlie the Unicorn Slayer :  we split up way too much 4 of you were leaving rest behind
Charlie the Unicorn Slayer :  same freeze
Edited by freezeburn

Thanks for the reply Peanut, I admit I rushed but I was under the impression that rushing is ok depending on circumstances like the one I described above, but I guess it depends on the admin at that time.  Please don't think I'm arguing about this because I'm not, I'm just trying to get a better understanding on this rushing rule,

There are times when rushing is acceptable.  Without being there or seeing a demo, it would be difficult to tell if this was acceptable rushing.  It sounds like there was rushing PRIOR to the end. "Charlie the Unicorn Slayer : we split up way too much 4 of you were leaving rest behind"   If rushing is what caused most of your team to die in the first place, then the ban was justified anyway.   The ban was only 10 minutes, and has obviously expired.  You have no prior bans.  Just try to make sure you are always able to help the person at the very back of your group.

You did rush .... we were in the enemy team. In the beginning of the second of the swamp map, your team was getting trouble in the back, idk if you noticed, but you and another person just kept runing...  Heroman and I typed in the chat to tell you two go back to help your team, but you guys didnt actually go back...