Banned from left 4 dead 2 for a week

SkunkRoo

I was banned from L4d2 servers for a week due to johnny. At first I was kicked for "rushing." What really happened was me and another player were up ahead, but the team kept getting pulled back. After I realized he was heading back, I started to go, but I was kicked.

I later rejoined my team, and had to keep rejoining due to afk (only as infected) i was still helping the team. 

I was not stacking in any way despite what the admin said, I just wanted to be fair and be placed on the same team.

I request my ban to be appealed as I spend lots of hours on these servers and find it very fun.

"consistently goes afk or quit games and rejoins and stacks winning team despite multiple warnings e.g. !afk before scramble then !teams to team with higher score. week ban due to multiple bans already for various reasons."

I didn't !afk, but I did AFK a few times to get water, food, restroom etc

Also, I didnt stack. I rejoined my team after kick and after I went afk,

Whatever happens going forward, always make sure to tell the admin or admins what team you were on before you went afk. Many times players temporarily leave then come back and try to get back to their old team, like they should, only to find the spot has been taken. At that point, just play on the team you are now on with !jointeam.

(edited)

Thank you Oinkol. Here it what I observed.  You do go afk a lot, which is generally not an issue.  People go afk all the time for various legitimate reasons.  However, you seem to always go afk when your team LOSES, then you rejoin and instead of !jointeam, you join the WINNING team.  This indicates that I watched you for more than a few rounds.  

My main reason why I banned you is because I scrambled team, and I always announce I will scramble, which you again went afk prior to, then again you didn't !jointeam and AGAIN, you joined the team with the higher score.  Is there a particular reason why you feel like you need to be on a team with the higher score after a scramble?  Because your "old team" and team mates certainly changed. 

In closing, you ALWAYS end up on team with the higher score.  That offense is a day ban, per protocol.  I increased it to a week because of your four previous bans, one of which was 5 days.  I am leaving this to others to decide, as I am the junior admin. 

In the future, please read our rules, and make sure you follow them. Thanks.

Edited by MeJohnny
  • Like 1

Sorry but I didn't even know you scrambled. Also I think a day ban is fair, but not a week, I already waited past those other bans, and I wouldve not switched if you told me you scrambled. I thought they were the same teams.

Thank you Oinkol. Here it what I observed.  You do go afk a lot, which is generally not an issue.  People go afk all the time for various legitimate reasons.  However, you seem to always go afk when your team LOSES, then you rejoin and instead of !jointeam, you join the WINNING team.  This indicates that I watched you for more than a few rounds.  

My main issue is I scrambled team, and I always announce I will scramble, which you went afk prior to, then again you didn't !jointeam and AGAIN, you joined the team with the higher score.  

In closing, you ALWAYS end up on team with the higher score.  That offense is a day ban, per protocol.  I increased it to a week because of your four previous bans, one of which was 5 days.  I am leaving this to others to decide, as I am the junior admin. 

In the future, please read our rules, and make sure you follow them. Thanks.

I think a week is too much because it was simply a misunderstanding.

The week ban is going to stand.  If it was just this incident, and you apologized and promised to play within our rules, then I would have lifted this now.  However, in less than 3 months you have been banned 5 times from our servers.  Twice for inappropriate language, twice for rushing, now for team stacking.  Johnny said he watched you over several rounds, and you did this multiple times, not just the final time. 

You need to follow our rules.  When the week is up, please come back and play and show us you can follow these rules.  I have posted some links below about our rules and things that can get you banned.  You can also contact me with any questions about our rules, or other players, admins, etc.  

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/34619-gc-rulescode/?p=421793

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45111-l4d2-warning-to-all-regarding-servergc-rules/?p=542507

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43069-gc-l4d2-stuff-that-gets-you-kickedbanned/?p=518168

• Like 1