Post-Handover Things

Flitterkill

GC Board Member

Stuff that needs to happen, will happen, after this is all resolved, for those considering taking over or board membership:

1) Whoever is moneybags will need a PayPal account. It will probably have to be a "business" account (note PayPal does not care if you are not a business, doing business as is fine)

1.5) Along with that account get a PayPal Mastercard debit card to easily extract PayPal funds and make payments for GC things (and %1 back unless that has changed with new cards...)

2) Whoever is moneybags will *probably* need a Stripe account. Highly recommended just as a hedge against PayPal. Funds immediately transfer to a bank account after 24 hours (or less?)

3) Whoever is moneybags should have some measure of money and not be broke. Do not assume you will have steady GC income to cover your GC costs.

3.5) If we end up with a new GC board, the all the above can be hashed out by them, but it will need to happen, all of it, so stuff can be transferred over correctly.

4) Do not expect initial funding for the new GC to be forthcoming. Did I mention my PayPal account is tapped? See point #3 above...

5) Account transfers galore. Domains are under a generic GC account so nothing needs to be "transferred" in so much as maybe a few details changed at Namecheap. But forum software, NFOservers, SSDNodes, etc. will need dealing with.

6) Google stuff will be...difficult. Myself and Fatty(Yes!) are still quite, QUITE, intertwined with the domains with our emails and such. Cross that road, etc. when it is time.

I think we can save more money by hosting the game server on the web server, the web server stats are fantastic!
Ehhh.... NFOServers remain THE name for game hosting. Sure, lots of other players, but NFO has been at this for over two decades and they have heavy-duty DDOS protection. And the L4D2 server does get attacked every now and then. I'd leave it as is. Also running stats and Sourcebans on the same server as the game is hosted on... Not the best idea.

But! Once I'm out, I'm out. O. U. T. Whoever/s in charge can do whatever they want...