NOFX?

General J

How goes it with the bike? I am more comfortable operating mine than I am in my truck now :rolleyes::P I love not having any blind spots and being able to just look around. Such a weird feeling to ride in a car though after that. And speed in a car will never seem so exciting... Oh how I l :wub: my bike!!

P.S. Get a good helmet! One that seriously fits. I am not talking just so it doesn't move like they tell you. Get one that is snug and feels tighter than normal. You will thank me when you hit the highway. My HJC would whip my head everywhere when I tried to look sideways going 70-80. My Shoei has no resistance to it when looking around doing even 90-100. :wub::wub::wub:

its going good man, I've already put 200 miles on it since I bought it. I got it up at school now, I still got my learners but I've been riding with my friends that ride on 600's. the 250 does a pretty good job of keeping up, until they leave me in the dust @ about 75MPH. Im still learning how to take turns though though, Im scared to lean over as much as I should, im afraid my back tire is going to slip out right from underneath me. So how many miles have you ridden since you've had yours?

My helmet sucks. Its a new Fulmer Helmet, but its maroon with pink letters. Fits great, but its a girls helmet for sure. I plan on getting a new helmet soon.

Also, I thought I sent you a PM, but cant remeber. You said you had 3 exhausts with your bike, would you want to sell one of the aftermarket ones that you dont use?

Here's a trick for turning. Make absolutly sure you keep your head up. That way you are looking where you are going, not right in front of you. You will also see oncoming traffic. If you are turning at a little slower speed, keep your body upright and push the bars the way you want to go. turning right - push right. going left - push left. I mean literally push down and out just a touch on the left grip. It's called countersteer. When you are turning right, your front wheel will be slightly to the left. Freaky, but it works. Grip the tank with your knees so you aren't on your hands and wrists so much.

It just takes practice. Don't be afraid of that back tire. Mistakes and mishaps (minor ones!) are easy to correct. If anything, don't worry about the exhaust now. I would go for a new set of tires personally. The stock ones follow rain channels, grooves, small lines, and cracks in the road really really bad. Just take it easy for awhile and you will get the hang of it.

Just remember when riding with those 600's, anyone can get on and go fast in a straight line. But it will take skill to save you when that car up ahead decides your lane looks good. Be careful! But most of all, have fun! ^_^