ATI's ACE or Catalyst Control Center

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

For those not paying attention, ATI officially released their new Control Panel interface for ATI cards 9500 Pro's and above. It is a graphical interface for interacting with your drivers. You need .Net Framework to use this and I recommend you also apply the .Net SP1 update as well.

You also need Catalyst 4.8 or newer drivers.

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=54852

I've been beta testing this for months and trust me, this new application has gone a long way in a short time.

Edited by zerodamage

I was sort of hoping that this thing would enable the Overdrive panel, which is missing for some reason with my Sapphire 9600XT. This is weird, because ATITool can both read the temperatures and adjust the clock speeds on the card just fine.

Of course, my Overdrive panel is still missing, and this thing is one INCREDIBLE ram hog for something that doesn't do anything new (it's around 80MB Physical + 100MB Virtual). I think I'll stick with the regular control panel for settings, Radlinker for application profiles, and ATITool for temperature monitoring.

Oh. And it adds a pointless link to itself at the top of pretty much every context menu in Windows Explorer, which makes the menus twice as wide as they'd normally be. Real nice. :rolleyes:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

THe memory usage improves in a future release. What is released and what I have are two different things.

The main thing I need is temperature monitoring, as I've "downsized" the cooling somewhat to cut the noise. However, now that ATITool can monitor temps, all is well. :D There really isn't anything special about the overdrive panel that other utilities can't do - it just irks me that it should be there, but isn't. Now what would be really nice would be if Speedfan could do ATi temps.

...and I still don't understand the greatness of this new "Catalyst Control Center".

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

ATI Tool disables the Overdrive tab/options in the ATI Control panel.