Need some tech help

Rangers joined a new leauge this season called the WCCS. (TFR is in it too) One of the leauge's rules is that all players must use default skins/models/sounds/etc. They require screenshots and demos and other crap and it's way to strict and....well anyway. I deleted CS and reinstalled it since I didn't want to take the time to manually replace all my models and sounds and sprites. Reinstall went fine, however, now when I play I experiance something that seems like lag. However, my ping is fine, 70's and 80's on Plat, just like always. Perhaps it's my framerate, yet I've got an Nvida geforce2 64 mg graphics card, 512 mg pc 133 ram and a SB Live! sound card. I never had this problem before, even using the highest poly skins on the market. Within the CS game, I set it to use OpenGL with the default software. I started running it at 800x600 resolution, but then upped it to my normal 1024x768 (where I had it before). The higher resolution actually seemed to lessen the "lag" a little bit. But I still get it. The game is playable, but motions are jerky, other players skip around a little, switching from rifle to pistol has a couple second delay even with fastswich on. With a cable connection and a good computer this shouldn't be happening. The biggest factor is that it was fine before, and has always been fine, yet now at the most basic version, it's slow.

Any insight from those who have encountered this before, or who think they know how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. We've got some pretty smart people in this community. I hope at least one of you can help. My AIM screenname is "Playboy JL" or my e-mail is "joshlindell@hotmail.com." Also you can always just post here.

I checked out that CS tech site, and ventured into .cfg editing. It seems to have solved my problem. I changed my vsinc to always off and got the latest drivers for my card, changed my fps max...etc. etc. So I guess you can close this topic now. Though I'm sure many of you would have been able to help.

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Dude! I have this same problem! Please help me in fixing this. I still think it.s HLGUARD 1.2 and Geforce 2 Ti 200, but I don't know, but I have the EXAACT same problem,b ut I want to keep Vsync on, so see if you can help me please... tekn0junki is my AIM and tek_junk@pacbell.net is my email