Good Deal?

Lunk

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
AMD64 3000+ socket 939

3000+

err when I looked at the website it said $147 when you click on the link it says $149 :unsure:

Hell yeah that is a good deal. It is retail no less (Meaning full 3 year warranty and HSF (Heatsink and Fan))

Hell yeah that is a good deal.  It is retail no less (Meaning full 3 year warranty and HSF (Heatsink and Fan))

I ended up getting it for $146 zero. :D

Not sure if they were doing updates to their website (zipzoomfly). But, I saw the price at $147, $149 & $146. Decided to just go ahead and buy it at 146.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I ended up getting it for $146 zero. :D

Not sure if they were doing updates to their website (zipzoomfly). But, I saw the price at $147, $149 & $146. Decided to just go ahead and buy it at 146.

Nice find Lunk. Now you need a mobo to go along with it.

Yeah. I'm gonna be keeping an eye out for one. See where I can get the best deal on a good board.

So does the 64 bit chips actually perform better than, say, a regular Athlon XP chip even though there aren't really any 64 bit programs out? My 2600+ runs most everything just fine. Just out of curiousity though, how much of a performance gain would I see with this chip vs. my chip? Also running 1gb ram, and a 9600xt. Would I gain any performance out of the 9600? Or is it probably not held back by my 2600+?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
So does the 64 bit chips actually perform better than, say, a regular Athlon XP chip even though there aren't really any 64 bit programs out?  My 2600+ runs most everything just fine.  Just out of curiousity though, how much of a performance gain would I see with this chip vs. my chip?  Also running 1gb ram, and a 9600xt.  Would I gain any performance out of the 9600?  Or is it probably not held back by my 2600+?

You will see a huge gaming boost. This is because the Memory controller is on the actual CPU versus other cpu's which have the memory controller on the motherboard. This makes latency almost non existant which hugely boosts performance in games.

Got my AMD64 3000+ :D

Time to start looking for a good mobo to pair it up with.

May be some time before I gather everything I need to get this new system up and running.