Custom map downloading from server

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I did a quick change to the Inferno map (not very impressive looking IMO) to see if people could download. They were NOT showing up on the spectator list at all. And the max speed they were getting was 2.5k. But it does work if we want to play these. Just an FYI.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

I've tried all of the maps. First... there is really only one really good map. That is the cs_assault_lith map. It looks like a source map and it is really very well balanced for both CT and T unlike the original assault map. And the CT start where it is dark so they have a slight advantage in that they can hide.

The Badneighbors map looks like it would be really good but didn't get to play it very long to learn it. The CT may have a clear advantage but hard to say. Looks like house vs house and the map is extremely dark. Also, Night vision doesn't work unless you are spectating through someone else's eyes. I made a bug report on this and I encourage everyone else to do so also.

The other maps are either broken with purple textures or drop even my system down to 30 fps consistently or are so badly designed that your eyes hurt a lot. Officesiege is one of the worst and that inferno map looks like there are missing textures, looks like a badly done cartoon. I mean there is this texture that looks like it came from a picture of some dead grass or hey. It is inferno but not well done at all.

Oh yeah... that cs_assault_list map fills the server everytime I put it on.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Yeah i tested out a bunch the other day ago, dont load he_tennis. De_rats was alot of fun, but when clients dl the map off of our server their textures dont go in the right place. So it looks very dull. If you dl the map off the net or wherever the map and texture goto the right place.

sv_downloadurl is not completely working with CS:S yet. Valve is working on it. For now, some the map textures, etc. won't be able to be downloaded from the GC server. Which should just slow it a bit, but may cause funny textures.