CPL Winter Extreme Championships

TeK

Well its that time of the year again and this Winter CPL is gearing up to be another great event. Unfortunately this winter I am unable to attend due to finals but we are going to have many people onsite to give you the best coverage possible along with a few surprises probably.

http://www.gotfrag.com

http://www.gotfrag.com/cplsummer2004 <---- This is for the people who missed out Summer coverage. We've unprimed all the galleries so you can check out all of the photos taken by members as well as Andy Aroto who is part of the MFAVP Video staff.

Stay tuned!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Tec and U5 to be the top two American teams.. I said it first :o.

If Begrip gels, they could also be a huge force.

3D may do good, but a top top 6 would surprise me.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
does Sk.swe still own everyone?

Yes, but they're not attending.

Instead, their German team is, as you can't have 2 teams under the same name.

I think a conspiracy is going on and SK.Swe is already bootcamping for Summer '05 with Source ;).

Well the event is over and while I wish I was in Dallas, I'm sure the guys there had a blast. Coverage went well and we had a TON of articles come out within the 5 days. It was a great event with NoA taking first place after coming back from the losers bracket after some controversey

http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/features/1065/

Check out our full coverage over at gotfrag.com ! Just click on more coverage under the first filter

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Good tourny, lots of good matches..

On coverage, as far as finding HLTV/scorebots, complexity really did outdo GotFrag this time around, as I found most of the HLTV there in time, whereas GotFrag often didnt' have it up until the match was almost half over, which was somewhat a bit of a let down.

edit: Had to add.. everything else was better on gotfrag, and "Gamesense" was very cool/interesting.

Edited by PDO

We had a slight problem day2 where the real melee guy was off on a break so I was sitting at home trying to update the melee as best I could from resources available so I COULD keep the melee updated, we knew a lot of people were getting annoyed. It was very far behind on Day 2 and I will not lie on it but we got it back on track Day 3 for the best matches of the event.

Thanks though for the imput. We really tried to outdo ourselves this time and I feel we did with our statistical system and amnt of videos and articles from this event. It was a great time.

There were some minor issues with updating the scorebots/hltv info, but that was primarily on Friday. All other days of the event, it was up to date and well in advance of the actual match. We had some loading issues on the site for a while due to the intense amount of traffic we were getting.

As far as our other coverage of the event, it was flat out nuts. GameSense adds a whole new dimension to how an event can be covered and we're very proud of it. It's been a long time in development and largely ultra-hush hush. Look for some VERY cool updates soon.

If you haven't done it yet, I highly recommend that you check out the videos that MFAVP and GotFrag have put up.

http://www.gotfrag.com/cplwinter2004 <--has all the galleries and teh movies. A major LAN event like CPL brings a whole new level of excitement to a match. Definately watch the Day 1 intro and the finals.