Spanglish

Playaa

uumm...I'm still formulating my opinions on this film. As far as entertainment value goes...the movie wasn't "exciting" or "hilarious"...it was just...a story about some people...kinda hard to explain.

I didn't DISLIKE it...it was just...not what I expected at all.

Kinda could be compared to Punch Drunk Love (another "romance" film with Adam Sandler)...

overall I'd give it a 70/100

oh...and...

*cough*PazVegaIsAttractive*cough*

It is a 100% chick-flick. If your woman tries to talk you into it because Sandler is in it do not fall for it. I saw it last week and it is enjoyable and I was entertained for the most part but definately not something I would have paid top dollar for if I had known before hand.

The acting is very good and the characters do a fantastic job of interacting and drawing you into the story. You learn to hate Tea Leoni, love Paz Vega and want Cloris Leachman to be one of your relatives (I hear she may be up for best supporting actress for this role).

Anyways - I would wait for the rental instead of paying big money unless your woman drags you to it.

We gave it an 80/100. It was a good movie, I just do not care too much for dramas.