Vince Carter hurt, again..

Guest PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

:laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=109309

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (CP-AP) - Vince Carter made his New Jersey Nets debut Monday night - but he didn't finish it.

The oft-hurt star left New Jersey's 100-90 overtime loss to the Detroit Pistons midway through the extra period with a severe cramp in his left hamstring.

The injury wasn't as serious as it looked when Carter lay on the floor writhing in pain for several minutes, as a simple case of dehydration was the culprit.

''I'm OK - it just cramped up,'' Carter said. ''I'll be fine as soon as I get some fluids into me.''

The game was his first since he strained his left achilles tendon in Toronto's 90-86 overtime loss Dec. 8 to the Pistons at Auburn Hills. He was traded to the Nets on Dec. 17 and played 42 minutes coming off the bench, scoring 23 points on 8-of-19 shooting, with four rebounds and five assists.

''I guess this is twice here, but I'm sure the cramps would have happened anywhere,'' Carter said. ''I played a lot of minutes in my first game back and I guess I got dehydrated. I felt good until then, and my achilles is fine.''

Nets coach Lawrence Frank was impressed with what he saw from Carter, who was criticized in Toronto for being soft and unable to play through pain.

''We fully expect him to have a bright future in New Jersey,'' Frank said. ''He was under a lot of pressure tonight and he responded extremely well. We're just disappointed that we didn't finish it off.''

Carter's injury occurred with about 2:13 left in overtime.

Aha.

I think I've seen guys with a broken leg get off the field/court/ice faster.. what a joke.

although i like carter...i believe that his injuries in toronto wouldnt of been as worse if the raptors were a better team    ;)

Take a look at his injuries. All sprains and pulls. He developed stomach cramps how many times? How many incidents of food poisoning?

His first night with his new team he gets a leg cramp from dehydration. He did not expect to play that much so he did not consume enough liquid. What a crock.

When he wants to play, he is incredible to watch. The good thing now is that I get to watch but I am no longer paying him for the other two thirds of the time that he is "injured"