Status of /-=GC=-/ Servers

Flitterkill

Mobocracy III right now:

Unfortuantely, as stable as the UT server is, and lag free with 20 players and 2 specs, there is something just hosed with the linux op-sys install on the hardware that hosts MIII (or someone keeps turning the power on and off in the room where M3 lives :) ) This problem never got a chance to manifest before when we were having the UT map crash problems as those happened so fast and often, the deeper server problem never had the time to do anything.

So, even though I brought M3 back up last night, this morning it went down for another system halt because it felt like it. Nothing to do with the UT install - Shadow was the last to play on it at 630-ish AM this morning. Then the server sat with no peeps until the system halted.

So yeah... :(

Whats this ultimately mean for all you regulars out there who have become accustomed to a Mobocracy of some sort to play on?

Cuffo:

Cuffo with its ALT.ONS rotation will stay the same - we are starting to get a regular population on that server - glad to see it! :) - I'm loathe to change it over to standard ONS for just a few days and then flip it back - if we still don't have MIII up a week from now we can revist that decision.

Mobocracy II

Mobo II is in an interesting place right now. The bill was due on Sunday. We have not, and will not renew that server.

It still lives at the moment (contrary to what I changed the server name to) - though once the server company gets around to it they will, I imagine, turn it off. So if M3 is not up (like now), M2 is still out there until ????

Mobocracy III this week and next:

Anyways, sometime this week Windows Server 2000 will be put on the hardware that runs MIII right now (instead of linux). And then we will run with that. Hopefully we can still squeeze the 20 and 2 out of the hardware with the extra Windows overhead. Otherwise, we get a dup of M2 at 18 and 2 (hopefully)

If we can't get ye olde Windows Server 2000 to work on our hardware with UT we are not going to be stuck with just Cuffo - we will get another server from another provider. The situation (which is really beneficial to GC but I will not go into the details of here) demands we try and take advantage of a very good thing but that means a bit of a rough patch as we iron out the problems (perfect world would have seen our hardware and UT and Linux playing nicely off the bat - in which case none of these M3 posts over the last 2 weeks would have ever have happened - them's the breaks I guess)

Stick with us guys - GC and UT ONS ain't goin anywhere!

-Fk

I'm sure most of us are pretty patient, Flitter. As far as the Mobo II bill goes, I wonder if they'll just keep it running and send collections after you! =)

It'll be nice once the standard map rotation is back again. I miss it!

(edited)

No matter what happens I am just glad to be playing again after my ip misshap

flitter, you guys are doing a great job, so dont worry about it we are behind you all the way!

Edited by shadow

All I know is we need a better server up soon, Cuffo can't handle the load. That server should be dropped to a 14 or 12 man map, you get more than 7 peeps on each side and the lag is horrid, it's always been that way and I'm really supprised we havent done more about it, but then again it is sponsored and I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. <shrug>