UT Stats Reset

(edited)

I don't know how this happens, but happened to me, too. I see 4 entries if I search "unclean", 3 without the GC tag.

When I search for "joss" I find 13 entries, 6 of which look like names I would have used. Two of my entries are exactly "Joss /-=GC=-/", and one has only 6 matches played, with 32% eff.

Hmmm, I wonder if it has any thing to do with other game type mods? I've played some UT/XMP as well as that baloon game thing.

Edited by Joss

Your name is not "reserved" as far as utstats in concerned. All they care about is the number they assign you. In fact, it will also pull whatever your current "name" is out of the user.ini file and stick it in utstats.

Did you recently reinstall the game? Something along those lines?. Notice that your utstats # is in the 600,000 range. Tells me that you reinstalled and that *will* reset stats (or rather, start up another entry).

Happened to me when I reinstalled. One entry for me is a utstats number of about 20,000 and when I reinstalled the game (same copy, same serial number) I got a new entry of 80,000 or so.

This is your stats, prior to your reinstall.

http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/playersta...p?player=128974

DecayedDivinity is GC now - woot!

-Fk

Thanks, Flitter. It's good to know how UT stats really works, even though it seems broken. I have reinstalled my game a number of times; seems that installing various mods, packages, patches, driver 'upgrades', as well as just uninstalling to free up space when bored w/ game, can lead to the reinstall pattern.

It makes me curious then; how do they know I reinstalled the game? What makes my access 'unique' if it is not some combination of my game serial and player name?

I have noticed new entries come just because I change my name (there is now a Jammu entry). Maybe I'll keep closer tabs on this.