Gonna mix it up on Rec for a few days

Fatty

Since Rec is running full during primetime and around, I'm gonna add a few maps that we're messing around with right now.

I'm not really interested in public opinion right away because all we'll get are the naysays right away.

I'm going to add:

de_deltamill2

de_flash

de_alivemetal

de_contra

mixed throughout the rotation.

Give them a shot. Playing new maps freshens things up! Encourage people to learn the new maps instead of crying about them.

Feel free to give feedback right here.

GC Founder

Remember when maps like aztec3 and scud2k1 helped define our server? We need to seek some of these maps to make our pwn like that again.

Lead Admins for Rec will objectively listen to feedback and make decisions after a week or so. Please play at least 2 full rounds on any one map before you offer up opinions, good or bad.

Current cycle:

cs_italy

de_aztec

de_deltamill2

de_cbble

de_dust

de_piranesi

de_alivemetal

cs_office

de_flash

de_prodigy

de_dust2

de_contra

GC Founder

Aight, I've started a new concept: Map Survivor.

You choose your own level of involvement.

What I CAN'T have is admins undoing the fun by not letting the maps play out. The maps will only come up once every 6 hours.

Does this mean never change it from the maps? No, certain circumstances would demand that you do. However, because you don't like the map is not a good reason. :rolleyes2: Just vote it off when the time comes!

Does this mean you can't call up dust2 when you're on the con and you just want to play dust2? Nope, it's still your server, play what you want. All I ask is that you don't sabotage Map Survivor by not giving the maps a shake.

Will this reduce traffic? Yes, in the short run, you'll see the traffic fluctuate. By the time we're done, however, we'll eliminate the bad maps and hopefully find a few good maps to keep on the rotation....and give people even more reason to make this their home server.

Thanks!

Here's a link to the Map Survivor Forums.

I like alivemetal...its a fun inventive map. I do feel that the tunnel to the bombsite and T spawn can be used agains the T's more often than not, but I've played both CT and T and I can say it is a fairly blanced map.

However, the bank bombsite is useless. My 2 cents