cuffo and redeemer

Joss

(edited)

Cuffo is playing with redeemer enabled, even though the little server message periodically reminds us there are *no* superweapons in server.

Probably this is being set manually, and on restart is not. It shouldn't be too hard so make the startup script (whatever) thingy include that setting. Is it? Can it be configured once so it no longer needs constant attention?

So as not to post a problem with out a possible solution, a little experiment reveals that adding "Mutator=XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon" on the command line of whatever scriptlet invokes the server, and it will always be set that way. If the mutator is simply set in the webadmin, then on restart it reverts.

sample command I tested with:

ucc server ONS-Torlan?LinkSetup=Default?BonusVehicles=false
?Game=Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame?Mutator=XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon
?bAutoNumBots=False?NumBots=0 -log=server.log

Edited by Joss

Yes, that is indeed how it is done - the bigger question is why Cuffo is crashing at all...

-Fk

EDIT: FYI, for Recongamer, who host this server, it is *they* who control the startup batch file - meaning that sometime over the past few months, they mistakenly removed the no supers line from the start up. If I want that back in it will have to wait until next week, as they don't have anyone around on weekends to do *this* sort of stuff

I'm poking on Cuffo most of tomorrow, perhaps I can find a workaround