vacbeta

Fatty

Steam - HL2 Source Servers VAC Beta Testing

05/12/2005 4:59 pm CDT

They are currently testing the beta for the Valve Security Module or Valve Anti Cheat "VAC" as we noticed today. We have enabled this for one client so far and everything seems to be running pretty good. Now the way they have this setup is we must put -vacbeta in the command line and you have to have secure 1 turned on. If you would like to be a tester for this feel free to let us know and we will put the -vacbeta in your command line for you. I know how most of you do not like cheaters so this may be one of the first anti cheats for HL2 Source.

Please be advised that we can not be held responsible for any problems the VAC Beta may cause so testing it during the beta versions is "At Your Own Risk". Usually software are in Beta stages because there is still soem bugs small or large. 

FYI - I've requested that this be done on our servers.

And just as quickly I've unrequested it.  I've been doing some reading on the steam forums...I think we'll wait.

That explains what I saw on Saturday night or early Sunday morning then. On custom map night, during one of the connects to a new map, I saw the VAC warning come up but then a little later it was gone.

Actually, no, this never even came to be at all.  It's never been on on our servers.  I closed the ticket before anyone even saw it.

That's weird.....I swear I saw it. A warning below the status bar of the connect dialog when we had finished one map and were moving on to the other. Something to the effect that this was a secure server and cheaters would be permanently banned.

Course it was around 2 AM and my eyes were kinda red and blurry :tired: