(edited)

Ok so I was checking my stats for the server today, and I saw that I had 90 or so kills with TMP and only 10 deaths, so I think to myself, "wow, I should use that more". Then I check the awards page and find out that the best killer with the TMP was some guy W0rst Playr with a k/d ratio of 5.20 with TMP. Is the award stats page malfunctioning?? or do i just have a poor understanding of how it works...

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edited by the Ninja

Thank you for reminding me about my solid hatred for the way the award stats are calculated. Basically it's done by the number of kills with whatever weapon to the number of games played which really bugs me. This means if someone plays one game and gets 20 m4 kills and never plays again they will always be on top. Also many times I join a game right at the last round and never actually play a round but I assume it counts that towards a game played. It really should be calculated by the number of kills with whatever weapon against number of deaths while using that weapon, or at least by how many times you've died by that weapon which was the PsychoStats method I believe.

I understand however if there is nothing that can be done about this.

I also just noticed that DuckOfDeath is in both 4th and 40th for knife kills... :unsure:

Wait scratch that and check out this stat page DuckOfDeath ?!?! <-check the aliases :=

I'm fourth on both midwest servers I believe. That second DuckOfDeath (the one you linked too) is not me. Check his alias list.....wierd....and no steam ID?

Anyhow, I agree about the guys who came on and play one time and hold the awards. Should be like a 200 kill minimum to be ranked.

(edited)

The return of the Canucks shall be a bitter wind which sweeps through, chilling all to the bone, and filling them with dread.

I totally agree with the award thing... ...it hurts knowing that I have 300+ USP kills and I'm never going to hold that award, or the M4 award, unless I kill 30 people with each, per game for the next 3 months (or whichever month I have my own PC again).

On closer inspection, I'm 3rd in line for M4 - the other two played 4 and 5 games respectively. The closest regular in contention would be M2 at #33.

I'm 9th in line for USP kills with 325 in 188 games... Almost 2 per game, including games as a terrorist. Not too shabby, I think. The closest regular (more than, let's say 15 games played) is Elliotr at #27 with 227 in 183 games. Also a very respectable number.

I'm not really a stat-monger. I don't need to be #1 at everything... ...or anything, for that matter. I'm not the best in anything that I do. Far from it. ...but the rivalry between two competing stat-holders is always fun. Conversations between people neck in neck in one way or another are great, and I find myself checking the stats of my friends more often than I've checked my own.

If those stats could be reworked in a way that was a little more realistic, and viable, that'd be great. I mean in a way that doesn't involve me using my second Steam account to play 6 games, rack up the points and then never use it again, and encourage everybody else to buy a second copy of HL2 to do the same.

Edited by Norguard