CS:S Freezes While Joining Server

mookie

I just reinstalled HL2 after formatting my hard drive, and now I find that the game often freezes while attempting to join a server (usually late in the retrieving server info part). Most of the time this is in map changes (as opposed to joining a new server), but that could just be because that happens a lot more often. Maybe it's just my computer; I've always been suspicious of the fact that CS:S is basically non-responsive while it's joining a game (has always been this way for me). If anyone has seen this problem and/or knows how to solve it I'd love to know, especially given the frequent map changes on GC servers (not a complaint, variety is the spice of life).

Also of note: CS:S usually says that my video driver is out of date, but I've downloaded the most up-to-date drivers from ATI and CS:S still says that.

My system specs:

Windows 2000 SP4

DirectX 9.0c

Pentium 4 3.066 533 FSB

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Crucial 2x256MB PC2700

Sapphire Radeon 9600GE

Creative SBLive! 5.1 (I can never remember which card I have exactly)

Seagate 80GB PATA

--mookie

Also of note: CS:S usually says that my video driver is out of date, but I've downloaded the most up-to-date drivers from ATI and CS:S still says that.

sometimes wen i long on to cs:s it also says tat my video driver is out of date...but like u...i've downloaded the most up-to-date drivers from ATI

and even after i installed the new drivers....the message is still there...so i just ignored it...

if anyone noes why this problem occurs plz post a reply to this thread...

--Mr.Cool