CS 1.6 Beta

Raiden

Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guests
What is Stream? sry.. not up to date :(

steam*, can dl updates quicker i think, not real sure never had any use for them.

1.6 is alive and well. Some new content servers added over the weekend. Today it's much speedier (DLed dedicated server in less than a minute today). Log ons are quick and play is consistent. A few bugs here and there, but nothing that can't be worked with. Have been able to play pretty much whenever now. :D

Only thing missing are a core of dedicated servers. :( But those are slowly coming.

Steam installs in a different folder, so 1.5 and 1.6 can be on the same computer. I have both on both of my computers, one under WinME and one under XP with no problems playing 1.5 or 1.6 on either.

The file system for 1.6 has changed. There are no longer folders for sounds/maps/models. Dunno how those are to be changed.

Another interesting thing: there's already been a skin hack out there. Was playing on a 20 man server (with Lunk) and for about 10 rounds a guy who was T had a CT skin. Everyone eventually saw it, so I doubt it was lag. Doubt it was a bug b/c it's not been seen since (at least not noted in the forums I've seen). Dunno. Was likely the first person banned in 1.6 :o