Revolution's controller

JackieChan

Nintendo on Thursday unveiled the formerly top-secret controller mechanism for its next-generation console, codenamed Revolution. The device bucks the conventions of previous controllers in favor of an entirely new interface -- one that's destined to for good or bad separate the Big N from its competitors once and for all. Personally, we think this thing has a lot of potential and we can't wait to see what Nintendo does with it.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651301p1.html

Teaser Trailer: http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html

...Unique, I'll give it that. I just wonder how the game's are going to flow with a remote controller.

Someone in another thread said that their will be "shells" that you can put the new controllers inside of, thus making them into a conventional type controller. It has potential. At least they aren't gigantic like the X-Box controllers. :P

The more I think about them, the more I'm stoked to use them. Nintendo has a way of making controllers that are industry defining, and completely ergonomic. It's got to sub for a NES controller, which it does, when you turn it around. It also looks really intuitive - as it was said, when a few reporters got to the Metroid Prime segment of their runthrough. I'm betting that the controller will feel almost intangible. The GameCube had one of the most comfortable controllers I've ever felt. I think that this will be yet another step up.

It'll be great for FPS games and for adventure games, at least. Should be pretty good for web-browsing, as well - moreso than a standard dual-analogue controller, anyway.