Fun Match Night

We are going to have a hand picked match night hopefully once a week. What we are going to do is hand pick 12 people, X-Fire or AOL or GC PM or Ons Central PM.

Eadh week I would like to ask you guys who we should pick for the teams. This will not be a GC vs. whoever thing this will be along the lines of ONS Central's mixer thing that they are having soon. The teams will be split up evenly and will consist of other clan members along with some of our regular pubbers that we feel would enjoy this type of organized match play. We will put in mixer maps along with all of the TWL maps and just play for about an hour and just have some fun with it. This may or may not be a time for strat plays as to not give away our strats, it has the intention of getting the GC to be noticed on a larger scale once again in the UT community.

I will also be trying to get ahold of some of the new pubbers that have been in Nep on a regular basis, which in turn may get them to the GC side of UT. I need your input on the invites, I have several in mind already but I would like to get you ideas on who would be good canidates to bring into our night of fun. I am going to get with Flitter to add maps from TWL and the mixer maps so we have both to choose from. I don't see us doing a 3 map match type of thing, rather than a speed round or 2 and switch maps after every round. That way we get to play a bigger variety.

Ok, post up in here for your picks of players and maps, both from clans and the pub. Thanks for all the support on this, I'm hoping that this will bring us some new blood for the team as well as for UT2k7 when it gets here. Not to mention the fun we will all have. See you in the Game :D:peace:

This is a good idea. Primus, how do you feel about possibly setting up some sort of signup form for people that are interested? If we had some sort of "Go to www.blah.com/signup" message popping up every 10-15 minutes in our pub, we could make it less labor-intensive. That way we could get names/IM information and just collect/organize the data in addition to hand picking.

PERFECT!!! I LIKE IT!! That would make inviting the pubers we have in mind much easier. Should we go with a web site or an e-mail that we can set up just for that. E-mails are free and less maintenance. Can talk to flitter about adding it to the pub marquee. We can sift through the e-mails and delete the ones that we don't know and send back the invites of the ones we do.

Sounds great. I am gonna work on finding out what maps there are for the mixer and I think we already have the TWL maps in place. See you all tonight. :luxhello::peace:

I'm looking forward to making some headway on this project throughout the weekend.

Which server will we be using for this?

Can it support the full 12 players WITH voice comms enabled?

What day do we want to host the game?

What happens if a player enjoys him/herself, decides they don't want to join GC but they DO want to play in our weekly "fun match" ? :) Should we do like a 1-2 invite limit unless they decide to join GC?

DISCUSS!

(edited)

Ok here is the list for the match night. you can contact me at my gc e-mail. primus@gamerscoalition.com

This will be like a mixer match and will consist of other players from other ONS teams.

1. Wentz---yes

2. T5K-- BuffaloBob---yes

3. XV-745---yes

4. jawa-- DrPhil---yes

5. Dow-- Buckwhild---very good possible

6. Folk---

7. Penty---yes

8. KU--Mountain_dew---

9. dogstarman---yes

10. KU---lengend_jo---yes

11. T5K--Arahant---yes

This is for fun only, this is not a league game or anything else. Would just like to get to know some of the other clan members in a fun enviorment. I will have a teamspeak server running that night so not to use the in game voice. TS server IP will be given at the night of the funmatch to everyone playing. If you don't have TS you may get it here http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php

Looking forward to the first funmatch night :boing: See you all there :luxhello::peace:

Edited by Primus

(edited)

The list is updated as of Friday. Don't have a yes for everybody yet. I actually talk to sofaking, unforntunatley it was no. :( Judgeing by the list so far we should have plenty to go around.

Thanks guys, I think it will be fun. Who knows, it might just catch on with the other clans and some of you all will be invited to theirs. :luxhello:

I am also going to run my Teamspeak for the night and set up 2 teams in it so we don't have to use in-game voice.

Ok, see you all later. :peace:

Edited by Primus

That was fun for the brief amount of time I could make it. I liked the maps you guys had set up. Urban is one of my favorites.

I had....family issues that kept me from logging on until 9:30 or so. I didn't have Team Speak, but I do now, so the next time I should be all set.

Glad you could make it. I wish it would have gone a little better but maybe next time. I'll post up for the next one, when ever that will be. Might change the day and time for the next one to se if we can get more people. Thank you to all that showed up, i appreciate it. :peace: