Nepenthe Update Dec 9th, 2005

Flitterkill

Please give rides - I'm just sayin...

1) Will try to update the server soon. The 3369 patch is fine and all, but many of the things from the patch are server-side fixes - so we need to get that on there. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

2) Chain Isle in, Nevermore LE and Tropic 32p out.

3) Xmas soon - everyone gets a hat!

4) Needing someone kicked.

Look, sometimes admins are just not there to do anything about it - post up here and we can pull logs and see what went down.

Also, if there is someone with a GC tag on the server, that does *not* mean they are automatically an admin - cut them some slack eh?

Also also, if someone needs a kick and there is an admin present, just saying someone needs kicking is not enough for us to go ahead and kick someone - the admin will need to spec for a bit and make sure the individual needs dealing with - if that admin is actually playing at the moment - give them a few eh? Once they go spec it will still take a bit for them to get around to seeing what's going down.

S'alright?

5) Spawnkilling redux.

This is ONS - not much counts for spawnkilling here. And when the mantas are pounding through your base it is not fun - I know.

Playing Arctic?

Got the other team's primary down?

Coming over the hill from the nearest corner node and throwing avrils and lightning and shock and whatever at the people and vehicles coming out of thier base?

Fine - but don't blither about "spawnkilling" when someone comes around the corner and starts blowing you and your vehicles away at that locked corner node. As fair and tactically valid as the hill camping is.

My advice is to get better :)

Enjoy the weekend - Friday has started out well (had the server half-full Friday at 1pm - been rocking ever since)

-Fk

GC Board Member

Unfortunately, I had to pull Chain out - played it last night and with all those mines flying around on that small map, even our Opteron 252 is begging to be shot - very choppy at times so for performance reasons..

Might throw it in the mix every now and then as a one off.

Map selection at the moment is all standard - need to find at least one non-std. and throw it on there for a change...

-Fk