Need some hardware reccomendatios.

Scourge

Hey guys.

Here's the deal. My brother has a sort of a contract going on with a local chain of stores. He's been maintaining/establishing their survailence/security systems. They guy he's doing it for has aquired a bunch of new stores and now my bro needs to build up 5 complete new systems.

We use a microjack based system to feed a series of camera's into the computer and it goes via some internet/networking/fancy schmancy system I don't care about to an offsite location where another system actually records all of the video.

I've volunteered to build the systems for him(he does this stuff on the side, so doesn't have much time). I'm only looking after the hardware build and I'll prolly toss windows on it for him. I need these systems to be as reliable as possible.

I'm looking for recommendations based on reliability for motherboards, low end vid card(there is no need for any real performance there, this system will not be used for anything else), PSU, case, HD, and memory.

This doesn't need to be a performance system, it just needs to be reliable ie: big heatsinks that don't require fans or with fans that will last many many years without worries.

I've got a budget of around $1000CDN per system(Just the tower, don't need mouse/kb/monitor/speakers).

Fire away!

Thanks

-George

(edited)

Well if there is no need for the systems to be very good then I'ld suggest going with something like an IBM netvista http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main...l&item=COM10703

They are small, extremely dependable, cheap and you can buy 3 extra for future complications. That's a grand total of $1,793.38 including shipping (8 computers). They have XP Pro preloaded on them so no muss or fuss. I think that lands you about $3200 to buy me a new plasma screen TV. So you get the job done and make a new best friend lol

Edited by Preacher