tooo much money

3vil

(edited)

I am happy with what we agree with and content to disagree with what we don't. The past few posts I think are more like what I would like a discussion to be, point vs counterpoint done respectfully (I tried to be respectful, apologize if I haven't been). For the record I have never stuffed anyone in a locker, the only real fights I have been in have been in the effort to break up already existing fights :) .

Prima donna athletes do suck and should not be tolerated. People who develop bad/mean/idiotic habits while spectating sports do suck and should not be tolerated. I think we agree there. Perhaps the ratios of the people that fit into those catagories are where we differ.

I think as humans we have to take the good with the bad in terms of mania and other such character 'flaws' that seem to be prevelant in mankind. For example mania can produce some impressive results for the good of mankind as well as horrible consequences. Same can be said of greed, fear, or intellect. To reduce human kind to only nice safe emotions would take away some of the things that make us great.

When speaking of large groups of people, intelligence is a niche. Intelligence in large groups requires independence and a freedom from conformity. I feel the masses are very dumb but most individuals are fairly bright. If that makes sense.

As far as ethos' goes, I like the saying 'Democracy (or capitalism) is the worst form of government (economy)... other than all the rest of them.'

Edited by farmerisme