Body Project

at_thedrivethru

For our art fundamental class we were given an open project about the body to be done in 5 weeks. So I went with an illustration composed of parts inside of the body. This is more on the microscopic level. So I just copied out photographs from medical books, and then added my own twist to it. The inspiration for this came from a designer called Joshua Davis and a commision he had for BMW as well as modern illustration. The final project was printed 22"x30" on glossy paper *drool*

Body Project

One of the things i like the most about it is its use of colors, you use some of the ugliest colors known to man, you got like Mango Orange, Pea Green, even worse Pea Green, and like.. Torquise.

But the colors really compliment each other well and it looks solid. thats why i like it so.

One of the things i like the most about it is its use of colors, you use some of the ugliest colors known to man, you got like Mango Orange, Pea Green, even worse Pea Green, and like.. Torquise.

But the colors really compliment each other well and it looks solid. thats why i like it so.

The colors were taken from Joshua Davis' Z4 commision for BMW. I liked them so much I had to use them. I also like the idea of using color to define space, and in using a small palette you can unify the piece easier. But yeah, truly ugly colors :spin2: