RATE OF FIRE

hey guys and gals thought id swing this buy you, used to play CS:S on a amd socket A system with a gig of

memory and a bfg tech 6600gt oc and and now i have an amd 64 bit system with 2 gigs of mem and a

bfg tech 6800 gt oc also running 64 bit windows, seems the rate of fire from weapons isnt what it used to be,

i have no tweaks in console, pretty much playing the game right out of the box

1st system | 2nd system

xp2800 cpu | amd 3700 socket 939

ecs motherboard | giga-byte motherboard

1 gig pc2700 | 2 gigs pc3200

6600 gt oc | 6800 gt oc

sound blaster audigy | sound blaster audigy

430 watt psu | 500 watt ultra psu

i guess i should mention i play bf2 and all settings are at max and i dont have this problem :bang:

my in game name is GHOZTSHREDDER but it used to be [$] SHREDDER if any of you recognize me from a

while ago, been playing bf2 for about the past 8 months and forgot how much fun CS:S is :luxhello: thx in advance for any advice, hopefully i posted this in the right place

Edited by SHREDDER

I have noticed that the ump45 shoots slower on 33tic than 100tic. I'm not sure if that's relevant to what you're talking about though.

mostly notice it with the mp5 but i do see it no matter what gun i chose, im in AZ, not to sure what you mean by tic, maybe i just got used to the weapons in bf2 :unsure:

not to sure what you mean by tic

It's the number of updates the server will send and receive each second. A lot of servers out there are 33tic or 66tic, especially larger ones which probably don't have enough hardware to back up the number of players they take.

thx for the explanation on tic, is tweaking the console a normal thing or am i the only outcast, lol... I thought the closer you are to the server the

better your game will play but i guess theres more to it than that