New Years fights

Chief

Ok, I've been watching MMA for years. I remember watching UFC 1 when I was in like highschool! And now, what? 15 years later we have a celestial alignment to bring us one of the biggest nights of UFC fights on Saturday and Pride on Sunday.

I went to the UFC weigh in today at the MGM and am still waiting to find out if I'm getting tix. I'll buy it on PPV if I have to, but I'm hoping to be there, and I am definitely watching Pride from Japan on NYE!

Tito - Chuck is going to be a great fight and either one can pull it off. I honestly don't care who wins because it is going to be amazing.

Over in Pride, Feydor is going to be fighting Mark Hunt. He can knock him out or submit him, but Hunt does have knock out power.

I can't wait for the weekend to start!

I'm just glad I was there to watch it! Now I'm patiently waiting for the Pride fights to start and see if Hunt can drop Fedor--I sure hope not.

I haven't gotten to my camera yet but I'll see if I can pull off any good video or shots from UFC last night. I think I got some pictures, but I know I had a few drinks.

As Ali G would say, "Booyah kasha!" Fedor is the man, I can't wait to see him fight again.

As for UFC 66, I have to give a big thanks to Spike TV for hooking me up last minute. Not the best seats in the house but I was there for a huge fight! Anyway, most of my pix didn't turn out very good and most of what I did take was video. I guess my drinking & photog skills are limited to second row. Here are a few:

Ran into Tito before the fight, here's the only non-blurry:

pre-tito.jpg

Arlovski takes the ring:

arlovski.jpg

Chuck takes the ring:

pre-chuck.jpg

After a few hours of "socializing" at Centrifuge I ran into the champ and this is the best I got! :bang:

chuck.jpg

And his buddy, the Pride welterweight champ Dan Henderson:

dan_henderson.jpg