Tropolis

I just recently inherited a server and the only things I have on it at the moment are admin mod and statsme. I know nothing of how to set a lot of this stuff up and I am aiming at a presentation that looks like Tropolis. With the rank showing when people enter, with the way the end of level map votes are done. Any help on how to set this up would be appreciated.

Use AMX mod, www.amxmod.net.

Recent version is 0.9.3. Download it, unzip it and read thru the readme's and all the .cfg files. Even browse thru a couple .sma files. Quite a bit of explanation in there. Only after doing this, go to the forums on their site. Seems non-n00b friendly; but otherwise is a great resource.

Guess I shoulda said also, if you got any questions, you can post them here. m0m, BGB, and others around here have some experience with it and can prolly help.

AMX is a plugin for metamod, so metamod is necessary. Metamod's dll is what is used to get at the functioning of the game. The readme.txt file explains the installation process.

If you have Admin Mod on their now, you'll want to take it off before putting AMX on there. The metamod folder can remain. Also remove Statsme if you put AMX on, it would be redundant.

Ok It says adminmod already got my metamod dll and i found the dll, So I have AMX downloaded now and do I just upload the folder into my addon section on the server and it will install it's self? The readme isin't very specific and I can't find the answer in the forums. Or do i upload it to my main cstrike directory and it will sort itself?

If anyone with knowledge in this could contact me on AIM at Dr Mcbanon I would be very appreciative. I'm just worried about screwing up something.

Is this the readme you got? :

Installation

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download MetaMod from http://www.metamod.org and install it

following its instructions.

Just to make sure, after installation, you should get:

$moddir/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll

$moddir/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so

$moddir/addons/metamod/plugins.ini

In $moddir/liblist.gam file instead of:

gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"

gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"

You should have:

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"

2. Unzip this file to $moddir (f.e.: $moddir is "cstrike"

if you run Counter-Strike) with directory structure.

You should get:

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/amx_mm.dll

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/amx_mm_i386.so

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/fun_ms.dll

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/fun_ms_i386.so

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/csstats_ms.dll

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/csstats_ms_i386.so

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/logd_ms.dll

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/logd_ms_i386.so

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/mysql_ms.dll

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/mysql_ms_i386.so

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/udp_ms.dll

$moddir/addons/amx/dlls/udp_ms_i386.so

$moddir/addons/amx/examples/*.sma

$moddir/addons/amx/examples/include/*.inc

$moddir/addons/amx/logs/...

$moddir/addons/amx/plugins/plugins.ini

$moddir/addons/amx/plugins/*.amx

$moddir/addons/amx/modules.ini

$moddir/addons/amx/...

3. Open $moddir/addons/metamod/plugins.ini and add there

(line with ; char is a comment):

; AMX Mod

win32 addons\amx\dlls\amx_mm.dll

linux addons/amx/dlls/amx_mm_i386.so

; More script functions for AMX Mod

win32 addons\amx\dlls\fun_ms.dll

linux addons/amx/dlls/fun_ms_i386.so

; Stats for Counter-Strike

win32 addons\amx\dlls\csstats_ms.dll

linux addons/amx/dlls/csstats_ms_i386.so

4. Open $moddir/addons/amx/modules.ini and add

there lines (if not already exist there):

; More script functions for AMX Mod

addons/amx/dlls/fun_ms.dll

addons/amx/dlls/fun_ms_i386.so

; Counter-Strike Statistics (only if you use stats)

addons/amx/dlls/csstats_ms.dll

addons/amx/dlls/csstats_ms_i386.so

; AMX LogD (only if you run plugins to use with that)

addons/amx/dlls/logd_ms.dll

addons/amx/dlls/logd_ms_i386.so

; MySQL access (only if you run plugins to use with that)

addons/amx/dlls/mysql_ms.dll

addons/amx/dlls/mysql_ms_i386.so

; Rcon and Query (only if you run plugins to use with that)

addons/amx/dlls/udp_ms.dll

addons/amx/dlls/udp_ms_i386.so

5. Make sure you have plugins.ini and AMX scripts files

under $moddir/addons/amx/plugins path.

$moddir=cstrike

LogD, MySQL, and Rcon lines in instruction 4 just ignore for now. You shouldn't have to edit modules.ini anyway.

The most important thing above is #3. Make sure you point metamod to amx.

If you can't get it working, let me know, or AIM me. The basics can be up relatively quick which covers most of what you're looking for, it's the tweaking and figuring out which plugins you'd like that can take a while.

Is it a Linux or Win32 server btw?

Linux, ok i am at step 3 but There is not Plugins.ini in my metamod folder.

Ok Here is my current state as i go to bed. I moved the plugins.ini from my cstrike into the medamod folder. renamed it plugins and put what they wanted.

So I think I had every thing set so i restart the server but now it won't start up so I'm in a bind now. I'm almost to the point where I will trust a somebody from the community to access it and help me out. I'll give you advertising on the server!

Ok took me forever but I had to delete everything i added to get the server working again. I guess the first thing i did wrong was install metamod because I already have it on the server because of adminmod. So a lot of the AMX directions don't make sense because of that. But i'm gonna make another stab at it tonight. this time just installing the amx.

I don't understand how i can unzip the file onto smartftp so I just unzip to my hard drive then drag it onto the specific place.

The announcer is a seperate plugin called enter-leave_message.amx that grabs the amx stats. It can be found on the site, and is simple enough to customize using cvars as noted in the reading.

I don't believe it registers a cvar other than just an info one. It needs a bit of the code tweaked to be default off. Unless I'm missing something in the code. Let me know if putting it in server.cfg or admin.cfg actually works (thought we tested this before and it didn't). If not, I'll compile a version that does without any commands.

Ok I just added a cvar in the admin.cfg and that keeps it off. Thanks alot for all the help this is mty firstime messing with server stuff and I had no idea what to do. Can i specifically edit the amx. scripts like you guys did to change some of the things you get when you rol the dice. Or is that something you can put command for in your admin.cfg. Cause everytime i open a .amx script it's just garbled in notepad.

Right, if you want to edit, you'll need to see someone (or learn) about all the code. You'll need to recompile the plugin. X and Yer have those capabilities, but it would probably be worth your learning.

For example, we removed the chicken roll because chicken hasn't worked with amx.

Ok i thought i had rolldice working right. But still no matter what on every new map it turns back on.

Also when you choose a map at the end of a map. It's say next map will be whatever won the vote. But it changes to the next map in the cycle instead of the one that was voted.

Here's an edited version of Roll the Dice that defaults off. It shouldn't require anything in admin.cfg or server.cfg to have it default off.

Download Here

For that second issue, make sure the nextmap plugin is running, and also that you have no other plugins that alter the map cycle.

You could have added sv_rolldice 0 in your server.cfg file ;)

I've a feeling he tried this. Kamikazi was another that couldn't be turned off, although we never had dice issues.

Maybe your dice were loaded. Wow, good pun too!