Lost Odyssey

anonymo

Hironobu Sakaguchi is the man responsible for the best of the Final Fantasy series (I-IX) and he's back with his newest RPG (he has had nothing to do with the FF series since FFX) called Lost Odyssey exclusively for the Xbox 360!!

I picked it up on Friday after waiting a few weeks to grab it after its original release...to tell you the truth I wasn't really that interested in it at first, I thought it would be very similar to current FF titles like FFXII or FFX (I'm really not a big fan of FFX in the scope of the series).

Anyways, I was wrong. Hironobu obviously realized that the die hard fans don't like where the FF series went shortly after FFVII so he made a brand new game from the ground up with that in mind (it seems).

Five minutes into Lost Odyssey I felt like I was playing a next-gen FFVII. Honestly, I never thought a game would be able to fulfill that hole in my soul left over from my countless hours put into FFVII but I can confidently say that Lost Odyssey is exactly what I have been craving ever since.

Now, it's not ideal...there are no Chocobos :( or Moogles but in everything else you can feel the Sakaguchi touch! Everything from the epic story line, which I have to say is quite well done, to the music (the first part of the game has that Midgar feel down the the same syncopated background music) to the almost complicated level/skill system (which is very FF like, in that it is different only slightly to every other FF game).

All told, I'm addicted.

Saris...honestly, this isn't a debate on consoles, this is the real deal! (my next purchase is a PS3 btw) You need this game, as a fellow lover of everything Sakaguchi...you need this game!