Lame Internets

ilovetomatoes

So I moved about 2 weeks ago now so that I am living pretty much IN the Chicago loop. The building claimed to provide high-speed internet as part of my rent - I liked that. So I get moved in and try to play CS and went from my ~16 ping at my old place to ~400 ping. yeah. I come to find out that their "high-speed internet" is really just one T1 line shared by about 500 units. Lame.

So I just ordered DSL today, which will be ready by next Friday. Its a 6Meg down line though, so hopefully it will help me be able to play again. AND I found out I can expense it at work, so in the end, not too bad of a deal.

So yeah, I should be back playing again in a week or so, if you need a good target again :)

So I moved about 2 weeks ago now so that I am living pretty much IN the Chicago loop. The building claimed to provide high-speed internet as part of my rent - I liked that. So I get moved in and try to play CS and went from my ~16 ping at my old place to ~400 ping. yeah. I come to find out that their "high-speed internet" is really just one T1 line shared by about 500 units. Lame.

So I just ordered DSL today, which will be ready by next Friday. Its a 6Meg down line though, so hopefully it will help me be able to play again. AND I found out I can expense it at work, so in the end, not too bad of a deal.

So yeah, I should be back playing again in a week or so, if you need a good target again :)

Yeah that sucks.....The apartment that I live in used to have that and my ping was like 170 on a good day cause I used to share it with a bunch of people. I got it fixed last year so now im fine. I hear you though :(