i want brains.. my computer doesnt

Fairweather

alright so this is not cool right now, i downloaded the game and it loaded normally on my screen, but of course it was in the wrong resolution just as everygame i load is. I then proceded to change the resolution in the options menu to the only resolution that works (1440x900 widescreen 16:10) ... the exact same i have cs set to, BUT the second i pressed apply the screen whent black which was normal.. it just never came back from black, the mouse curser flashes slowly on a black baground while the music plays choppily

i've tried reinstalling 3 times but it must save the resolution settings from the very first glitch cause everytime i open it after reinstalling it does the exact same thing and i have no idea how to make it stop.. is there a way to reset the default settings by not entering the game? or another reason this isnt working before i stick my foot thru the screen in frustration for my lust of brains

In your launch options, put -w X -h X if you know the width/height that you want to load into. Put -windowed if you want to try running in a window; the performance will be somewhat worse but the game won't change the resolution of the display itself.