Summer Camp

So I had a reunion/supper thingie this last weekend with the key-staff (admin basically) with the camp I work at in the summer. We were talking about the summer and our head guy gave us some of the stats that we had from this summer, which I thought was a great blessing to hear, as well as an encouragement.

1. We had the lowest number of campers probably in the last 20 years. (~310)

2. We had the highest number of un-churched kids in the last 20 years. (~70%)

3. We had the highest professions of faith/re-commitment in the last 20 years. (~60 and 30 respectively)

4. We had the most positive comments about the reputation of our camp in the nearby communities in the last 20 years. (I have nothing to put in brackets here, it's just cool)

It was just amazing to see how God answered prayers SO often and usually SO quickly. Almost everyone we've talked to on staff has said it has just been the best summer at camp yet (my 14th year there). The staff were just very very focused and committed to pointing campers to Christ (which was our theme for the summer). It was a great blessing to work out there.

I just wanted to share this with some people and I figured there'd be some people here who'd appreciate reading it. I know it's not about the numbers - it's about God working, but since I couldn't share every story we had of God working this summer, I figured the numbers would show how He worked anyway! :D

Edited by DarkArchon