Re-installed Win7 gaind now FPS down

bushwack

Few weeks ago my HDD drive died and decided to use Win7rc as my exclusive (lol) OS. I play a lot of UT2004 and noticed a slight performance decrease, no big thing still acceptable.

But now WD finally sent my replacement drive and UT is in the suck zone, instead of getting a solid 85fps I'm getting 55+, my hit scans are way off. I'm using all the same drivers I was before. I just don't get it. Been playing King's Bounty instead, need a break from UT anyway.

Any explanations? I'm about to dual boot XP just to play UT and see what happends, whenever I get the time.

Same thing happened to me with Vista. Eventually I gave up and did the dual boot as well, simply to play UT. If you figure it out, lemme know.

Besides the drop in fps, I also had some weird feel to it. Not really a lag, but it just didnt feel right somehow.

After going through the pain of setting up a dual boot I figured it out anyway. My previous install I used the driver that came with my Abit's onboard sound. This go around I just used Win7's sound driver cause it seemed to work/sound the same without the hassle of installing anything. :freak3:

Weird how a sound driver could bog a game's fps in half, while other games and everything else ran flawless.

Well seems it wasnt completely the sound driver. Don't quite understand but some servers seem to play [ok] while others are just bad.

I went ahead a set my rig up to dual boot win7/XP just to play some UT without lagging like an noob. It was a good call. Playing UT on XP 32bit is twice better[?] then on Win7 64bit.