Asus G50V-A1 laptop for sale

General J

(edited)

I am looking to sell my laptop. I love this thing as it has enough power to do just about anything, while still having the ability to pick it up and run. I have run the Crysis demo with decent settings, Far Cry 2 with mid range settings, BF:H and CS:S full out with no problems. System has Power4Gear power settings to extend battery life. Battery lasts quite a while on "battery saving" setting. But I won't lie! "High Performance" setting eats through the battery in about 1 - 1.5 hours while surfing the net and doing general tasks. You could do some short term gaming on the battery, but I have always used it plugged in. Laptop also comes with the Asus backpack and Asus-branded logitech MX518 mouse. I will ship my copy of Far Cry 2 with the machine as well.

Here is the Newegg link. I paid $1,699 new on 8-23-08. Asking $1,100 shipped. Trying to judge how much interest there is for this here. Will probably end up on Ebay if no one is interested.

I am looking to sell this to buy a netbook. I am looking at an Asus 1005HA, but I am still researching. I have hit a point in my life where I need less gaming and more mobility.

PM me if you are interested.

*EDIT* Mine looks exactly like the display minus the "Alone in the Dark" sticker.

Edited by General J

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend that would definitely be interested, but it's a little more expensive than he was wanting to spend. It's a better laptop (by quite a bit) than what he's been looking at though.

I know he wanted to keep the price lower though :shrug03:

If you think about dropping the price a bit (which I know is painful for that nice system), let me know. Heck, if I had the money, I'd replace my laptop with that one. Mine's 3 years old now (a little over that actually), and my old AMD Turion64 processor is feeling it's age a bit..not to mention the max of 2GB of RAM kinda sucks.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

No, I didn't sell it. I never really caught a lot of interest, and decided to hold on to it. Looking at the new Asus G series notebooks, mine looks like a lamb. :freak3: And, they have come down in price for just about the top of the line.