Get yourself checked!

Clueless

Some of you know that my wife's dad had cancer, well, June 27th he lost his fight. He had a very aggressive melanoma which spread to his liver, brain, and was on it's way to other organs. He went from a normal guy with a small bump on his head to death in about 6 months....now the reason for this post is not to get the prayers and good wishes and all that, but rather to let everyone know that melanoma is very deadly if not caught early, and the number of cases is on the rise.

Everyone should go to the dermatologist once a year or whenever you find something that you think should be looked at. Get a full body check...they should even be combing through your hair and checking your scalp....if they aren't, request it or find a new dermatologist. All of this is even more important for fair skinned, light haired people....or anyone with alot of moles. My wife has already had some moles removed since then, it's really no big deal.

Once our eyes were opened to this, we were amazed at just how many people had this awful cancer, one of our local hospitals recently lost an 18 year old to melanoma...just crazy to think about.

Ok, that's all I wanted to say...this is not meant to sound preachy, just trying to open some eyes...if someone can be made aware and possibly helped out of what happened in our family, then at least it may count for something.

P.S. WEAR SUNSCREEN :D