Video card damage

Hailfire

Ok so my computer was working fine last night. turned it on today and got a short beep followed by 2 long beeps. That should mean my video card (radeon 5850). So I removed the card and at first saw nothing short of a coat of dust. Further inspection I saw a blue powdery supstance. I cleaned off what I could see, wish I would have took a picture (it also stained one of the stickers on the card slightly blue). The blue supstance was also slightly on the mobo pci-e connection. I don't know what it is..just wondering if anyone has seen it before or as an idea what it might be. It its not present in a pattern of any kind, 2 different areas on the video card and the one on the mobo pci connection.

Cleaned the card up and put it back in the system for the same result. Don't have another pci-e video card to test it out though :/

Also I noticed when i first turned it sounds like the video cards fan is in overdrive. Much louder than usual. Very strange since I was just playing deus ex:hr on max setting with no issues yesterday.

I am going to a local computer shop later to test the video card just wondering what the blue stuff could be. Any google search with video card and blue comes up with blue screen of death or something.

And no, i have not ate or drink anything I can think of that would ever turn blue or get inside my case.

Well I cleaned the card already but I can still take pictures if you want. And I never use canned air when my computer is running(plus im out right now)

I just got back from the computer store and he nor I could see any physical damage at all. We did test the video card and it is bad, but so is the mother board :/ So I get to go through the fun process of getting replacements. Figure something went bad with the mobo first and caused the VC to go out or something. I just hope nothing else is bad on it..could be a good month before I get my system back up and running full speed again.